Robert A. Von Esch IV, Esq.
Rob comes from a long line of attorneys. In total, there are eight attorneys in his family. Rob’ s wife, Amy, is a practicing attorney as well. Rob and Amy have a son and daughter and reside in Orange County.
In his spare time, Rob enjoys traveling, golfing, surfing, fishing, and skiing with his friends and family. Unfortunately, there is never enough free time.
Rob has tried cases and argued motions in most jurisdictions throughout Southern California. He has obtained several multi-million dollar awards for his clients and argued successfully before the California Court of Appeals.
He is a trial attorney at heart. However, Rob recognizes that Court is not always the best place for his clients. Rob’ s firm but, fair approach to litigation often opens the door for favorable settlement negotiations.
Rob firmly believes in promptly returning phone calls and making himself available for his clients whenever they need him. Part of his job is to put you at ease and prompt communication goes a long way towards accomplishing this goal. Thorough preparation and aggressive representation do the rest.
- Construction Defects
- Construction Disputes
- Governmental Entity Litigation
- Inverse Condemnation
- Eminent Domain
- Real Estate Law
- Products Liability
- Property Damage
- Serious Personal Injury
- Commercial Real Estate, and Landlord/Tenant Litigation (commercial property only)
- Business Litigation.
- Americans With Disabilities Act (Defense Only)
- Insurance Defense
- Business & Real Estate Transactions
- Partnership & Corporate Dissolution
Memberships and Admissions:
American Bar Association, California Bar Association, Federal Bar Association, Orange County Bar Association, Federal District Court, California Supreme Court, and Phi Sigma Kappa.
Education and Licenses:
- University of California, Santa Barbara, B.A.
- Western State College of Law, J.D.
- California State Bar, License #226453
- La Costa de Marbella v. City of Carlsbad- $12.5 million
- Tingzon v. City of Oceanside- $6.25 million
- Colony Hill HOA v. City of San Diego, extensive repairs.
- Abad Foam v. Foam Empire et al, $1.35 million, plus injunctive relief against a major competitor
- Several Notable Defense Results
Articles and Press Featuring Rob:
- Verdicts Search California, Vol 8, Issue 23, June 8, 2009.
- Trials Digest, Vol 12, No. 18, May 4, 2009.
- La Jolla Light, “ Homeowners Seek Damages From the City,” September 25, 2007.
- Daily Journal, “ Verdicts & Settlements,” May 1, 2009.
- San Diego Union Tribune, “ Fixes From Slide Almost Complete,” March 11, 2006.
- Daily Journal, “ Verdicts & Settlements,” June 30, 2007.
- North County Times, “ Homeowners Association Sues Carlsbad,” July 12, 2005.
- Common Ground, “ Slip Sliding Away,” January/February 2006.
- Appearances on NBC, Fox, and other broadcast networks.
- Orange County Bar Association, Speaker 2012, “Developments In Real Estate Law”
- Orange County Bar Association, Article 2012, “Goodbye Deficiency Judgment, Hello SB 458″
- Orange County Bar Association, Article 2012, “The Statute That Could Make or Break Your Construction Trial”
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals, Speaker 2012, “Effective Claims Investigation & Evidence Preservation”
- California Association of Community Managers, Speaker 2012, “Construction Defect Claims”
- Business Networking International, Speaker 2012, “Business Asset Protection Considerations”
ROBERT A. VON ESCH IV
500 N. State College Blvd
Orange, CA 92868
Telephone: (714) 919-4366
Facsimile: (714) 919-4367
We provide business litigation, entity formation, and transactional services. We also serve as general counsel for businesses throughout California.
We provide real estate litigation and transactional services for our clients. Property owners, brokers, and investors utilize our firm for all of their real estate related legal needs.
We handle a variety of construction matters, including lien disputes, breach of construction agreement matters, and defective construction claims.
If you have been sued or need to sue someone to enforce contractual or other legal rights, we handle all phases of trial, arbitration, and mediation.